The National Insurance Institute operates, in collaboration with the the Ministry of Social Affairs, Nursing Insurance Law.
According to this law, nursing allowance is given to people who have reached the age of retirement and living at home, but need another person to help them with the day to day activities (dress up, wash up, eat, walk inside their home, etc.), also to watch over elderly people at home for their own safety.
A person who is entitled to nursing allowance will receive nursing services in order to help him with the day to day functions like managing the household and also to ease the burden on his family of taking care and watching over him
Pre-Nursing Services by "Yad Valev"
"Yad Valev" can provide domestic services of "pre-nursing" without charge, until the entitlement is received from the National Insurance Institute.
"Yad Valev" will provide immediate pre-nursing services with the help of a social worker who will accompany the elderly and his his family until they receive the approvals and will keep continuous contact with the family.
There are five conditions that determine the eligibility of the insured person to nursing allowance:
1. He is a resident of Israel who has reached the age of retirement.
2. He lives in the community rather than in an institution.
Anyone living in an institution or a home for the elderly (institutions need licensing by the Ministry of Health or the Ministry of Social Affairs), shall not be entitled to the allowance.
3. His income does not exceed the amounts listed in the table
4. He does not receive pension for services (handicapped injured at work or in general) from the National Insurance Institute, and does not receive pension for personal treatment or looking after, from the state treasury (anybody receiving such pension can have a choice between it and or nursing allowance in accordance with Nursing Insurance Law).
5. He needs a great deal of help by another person in order to perform the daily activities (dressing up, washing up, eating, going to the W.C., walk inside the home, etc.) or he needs home observation for the sake of his security and the safet of others around him.
When the claim for nursing allowance is received at the National Insurance Institute branch, and the applicant is found to meet the conditions specified, a professional (nurse, physiotherapist, etc.) will visit the applicant at his home in order to determine the degree of dependency on the help of others, or the level of looking after that he needs.
The National Insurance Institute will decide upon receiving the test results by the professional, whether the applicant is entitled to nursing allowance, the amount of the nursing allowance he should receive and the entitlement period.
In case the limitation in functionality is temporary, nursing allowance will be given for a temporary period.
If the applicant does not meet these five conditions, he will be notified by the National Insurance Institute in writing that his claim for nursing allowance has been rejected, and that he is entitled to appeal regarding this decision.
Services provided within the framework of the nursing law
According to the Insurance Law of nursing, any person eligible to nursing allowance will receive services that will assist him and his family to perform daily activities like managing the household, having him under observation - all according to the insured needs and choice within the entitlement framework .
List of possible services for the eligible to nursing allowance, provided that in his area of residence these services are available and can be provided to him:
Services will be based on the decision of
committee for nursing affairs.
Yad Valev Ltd.,
Rabenu Tam 16
Nachal Ayalon 37
Pardes Hanna Karkur
Designed by vyce